Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Serving...

My Prayer:
Lord my God, I'm here tonight without much to say. Thank you for your protection today. Thank you for amazing people in my life. Thank you for all you accomplished today.

I don't feel like I did much today. I guess I helped a couple people in little ways. Doesn't feel like enough. I feel a bit empty tonight. Part of it might be the Sunday night blues. I'm almost never excited for another Monday.

Ok, I am going to stop whining right now. Sorry God. How about I focus on the amazing love and patience you have for me. God, how long do you have to hear me complain about the same stuff? You are so patient. You would be well within your "rights" to have turned your back on me long ago.

Why is it easier for me to see what isn't there than it is to see all the amazing things that are there? Last week in Bible study we talked about not looking at the donut hole but looking at the sprinkles. I need to look at the sprinkles more. You are my sprinkles. The joy you bring in my life, the opportunities, the people, and the love.

You had me born on this day quite a few years ago with a purpose and a plan for my life. I pray God that you correct for anything I have done to mess up that purpose. I pray that everything you need to be accomplished through me is accomplished. I pray that I don't get in my own way of what you want to do through me. I pray God that you continue to teach me to love and to pray and to live for you. I pray that each day is one day closer to you God. I love you God. I will continue to do my best. Forgive me when my best is not enough to accomplish what you need to accomplish. Cover me with your grace so people always see you in me.

What God said tonight:
Sweet love. Listen to me and hear me. It is time for a new leaf, a new day. It is time to stop repeating the same circle. You have much to learn and much to say. You are a teacher and a prayer warrior but you are about to see how that plays out in a whole new arena.

You are about to see how the preparation of the last 10+ years is going to be used. Every moment of the preparation will be used for your good and for the Kingdom of God. You won't have to worry about not doing enough. You are doing more than you realize. Buying toilet paper when the church runs out is as important as praying for the sick to be healed. All service is the same. It all has the same level of importance and the same level of reward. Just like there is no sin that is greater than other sins, there is no service that is greater than another service. I value it all.

I value the submission and the willingness to serve. I value the servants heart. I don't value the result. I am in charge of the result, not you. So I value your willingness. I value that you say yes whenever I ask. I value that you seek out opportunities to bless people. That is what I value and that is what you need to teach. Teach by example.

New level, new leaf, new year and new season. I love you more than you can receive but I love you that much anyway because I can't help it. I wouldn't want to if I could. Press forward my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment