Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fear and Sin...

Picture by Anthony Stuart:z https://www.flickr.com/photos/stuant63/2255781557
My prayer:
Mighty God, you are doing so much in my life right now.  I truly stand in awe.  You told me that there would be a time, a time that I have waited for so long, and that in that time, I would look around me and say, "Whoa, how did I get here."  You were SO right!  I look around right now and see all that you are doing, all the amazing opportunities to minister, the favor at work and the amazing relationships you have brought to me and I say, "Whoa, how DID I get here?"  I am so grateful God.  I love these seasons when things are all happening so fast, when you are opening every door, when life just seems so blessed.  These are the truly good times God and I thank you for them.

But God, I also have to ask your forgiveness tonight. The woman at the bus stop by the gas station who asked for money, God, I lied to her.  I don't even know why.  When she asked me for money, it was dark, I was alone and I felt vulnerable.  At first I told her I only had my credit card for gas.  Then you gave me another chance when she came back and asked if I was sure.  Then I lied again and told her I only had a couple of dollars and gave her three dollars saying that was all I had when I had another $5 in my purse.  God, what is $5?  Why did I hold back?  I feel so small. I am sorry God.  I was not a good reflection of you.  I am sorry that I let fear stop me from being a blessing. Mostly God, I am sorry that I lied. God, I will do better in the future.  Forgive me God and I pray that you find a way to provide for her tonight.

What God Said Tonight:
My daughter, I have said that if you repent and ask for forgiveness you are forgiven.  You are forgiven, now forgive yourself. 

You learned something valuable tonight.  You learned that fear can make you do things that you otherwise wouldn't do.  You learned that your generosity  can be overwhelmed by fear.  Remember that lesson and the next time fear tries to take a hold of you, be ready.  Be ready and do the opposite of what fear is telling you to do. 

Fear is not from me.  I have not given you a sprit of fear.  I gave you my strength, my protection and a sound mind.  I gave you my son and I give you my Holy Spirit to guide you.  Listen to my voice in those situations.  I will tell you the right thing to do and I will never let you walk into danger if you listen to me. 

Don't listen to fear.  It will always lead you down the wrong road.  It will always lead you away from me.  There is no fear in me.  There is no fear in the you that I made you to be.  Fear is a corruption that corrupts you.  Banish it from your life.  It has no place in my daughter. 

Trust me daughter and do not fear.  There is a reason I said that so much throughout the Bible.  Fear is one of the more effective weapons that your enemy uses against you.  Stop letting him.  Rely on me for the strength, protection and peace that I provide and let that banish the fear. 

I love you daughter.  Remember this night and do it differently next time.  That is all I ask, turn from your sin, call on me and I will forgive.  I will remember the sin no longer.  You are washed clean in the blood of my son and I love you more every day.  Be whole and move on.  Love you so much. Sit with me a little longer tonight.  Just be with me and let me heal you. Mmm, that is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment