Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sleepless in Denver...

My prayer:
The God and Lord of all creation.  You who existed before anything else.  You who created all that I know.  You who are Lord over all.  My Daddy.  I love you God. 

I am pretty tired again tonight.  Long day, very little sleep.  God, it seems like I can't get more than about 4 hours of sleep a night right now.  That doesn't seem like enough, although I am not tired during the day.  It is just here, at the end of the day that I feel like I am going to drop. 

I am not sure what my prayer is about this God.  I guess I just want your will to be done.  Fact is, only sleeping 4 hours a night, I am getting a lot done.  Some of it is at 3:00am, but still, I am getting a lot done.  If that is the purpose, if that is why I can't seem to sleep more then hallelujah and please sustain me in this season.  However, if it is the result of something that isn't right, whether it is my health, stress, whatever, I ask God for your healing power in my life. 

I know this is a pretty specific prayer tonight God, but this has been going on for about a week and I either need to understand it better or I need your help to fix it.  I love you God.  Thank you that you let me bring you anything, no matter how big or how small. Thank you that you tell me to pray over everything.  What an awesome God and Father I have. In Jesus name, I ask.  amen.

What God Said Tonight:
You answered your own question.  This is just a season.  It will be a relatively short season, but I have a lot for you to do right now and I need you to have some more hours in the day to do it.  I will sustain and strengthen you through it all.  I will give you the supernatural alertness, the strength, the power to make it through each day. 

The reason you are not getting tired during the day is that I am in you and I will sustain you.  Don't get too caught up in the way things "should be."  I have a special plan and purpose for you and sometimes that means unusual seasons like this one. 

I will continue to restore you each day.  I will continue to keep you lifted and full with my life and my spirit.  You will never falter when you are leaning on me.  This is one of those seasons I told you about where you would have to rely on me completely.  Your reliance and dependence on me will cause your breakthrough and your success.  This is a season to humbly accept that I can do all things, that you can do all things in and through me.  This is a time to see the miracles that I have.  Think of this as one of those miracles. 

I can multiply anything, including rest.  I am a God of multiplication.  I can multiply your effectiveness, I can multiply your time and I can multiply your blessings.  I love you daughter.  Trust me and rest in me.  It will be enough.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you are having a problem with sleep, I am praying for you! I like to quote these verses at night, they help me to sleep!
    I lay down and slept;
    I woke again, for the Lord sustained me.
    —Psalm 3:4-5
    In peace I will both lie down and sleep;
    for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.
    —Psalm 4:8
    Sweet is the sleep of a laborer, whether she eats little or much, but the full stomach of the rich will not let him sleep.
    —Ecclesiastes 5:12
    Proverbs 3:24..Marilyn when you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.

    ReplyDelete