Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Slow down...

My prayer:
Awesome God, my Father. I am not sure what to pray about tonight.  I have so many things running through my brain. 

Thank you for today. It was a good day.  I am not sure that I was truly obedient to the sabbath as you have reminded me to be.  I did not technically "work" but I was running around all day.  God, this time of year gets so hectic.  I am running around, making sure that all the presents are bought, the parties are attended and that everyone knows that I love you and love them.  It is awesome and exhausting.  Add to it, all the amazing things that you are doing and changing in my life and it is a bit overwhelming. 

Please know that I am not complaining.  I love when life is exciting and full like this.  But we are about to get to celebrate your birthday again...how great is that!  God I love you so much.  I am so grateful for you in my life.  I am so honored that I get to celebrate with you everyday.  In the midst of the full life you have given me, I want to take special care to let you know how much I love you.  I want to take a moment and celebrate that you chose to be born here on earth just so you could live, die and live again for me.  I want to concentrate on the fact that you loved me so much, you went through all of it just so we could be here tonight together.  When I really slow down and let that soak in...I have no words to express the impact God. 

So tonight, no agenda, no list of needs and wants, no requests, I am just in complete awe of you, who you are and what you do. My awesome God, I do love you so.

What God Said Tonight:
Slow down, that is good advice.  Every now and then, slow down and enjoy what your life is becoming.  You have an opportunity to experience what few people ever have.  You have the opportunity to experience a completely full and satisfied life in me.  You have the opportunity to live with nothing missing and nothing lacking.  You have the opportunity, right now to live in the everlasting joy and peace that comes with your salvation. 

Don't get too distracted in the "doing" that you miss the opportunity.  Take time to remember what it is all about.  Take time to just be with me.  Slow down and take time to look around and enjoy what I have done and what I am doing. 

You need to enjoy life more.  You need to enjoy me, us more.  You are faithful, you are always willing to serve.  The Martha in you is strong.  Let Mary in now and then.  Like you started to do tonight, slow down and just enjoy it all.  I will give you the rest you need.  I will give you the strength you need.  I will protect you and I will provide for you.  I will do all of this so relax, slow down and don't let life pass you by.  I planned for a long time for this life of yours. 

You are my precious and wonderful daughter.  You will do much for my kingdom but remember to slow down and enjoy it along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment