Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Choices...

My prayer:
Mighty all knowing God.  Father, I have been thinking a lot about choices today.  Choices seem so important.  Even choices that seem like small choices at the time can turn into great opportunities or missed opportunities. 

I was talking to a young woman today who was talking of how she use to ask you about everything, even what gas station to go to.  And, when she did, there was always something amazing waiting for her there.  It just highlighted what I have been thinking.  Our choices are so important. 

God, what if I made different choices and missed out on all of the amazing opportunities you have brought me?  On the flip side, what decisions have I made that unknowingly kept me from opportunities that you wanted me to have?  A pastor I know once said that he thought that judgement day for Christians would be watching all of the missed opportunities in our lives. That you would show us all of the things we could have had, done, and experienced if we had chosen your will for our lives in everything.

I don't know if he is right but if he is, I dread that day.  As much as I love most of my life, I don't look forward to finding out all of the things I missed because I was stubborn, prideful, self centered, or just stupid. 

God, help me to make good decisions.  Guide me in every decision. Help me to make the decisions that put me smack dab in the middle of your will for my life.  Please don't let me miss what you have for me. I want everything that you have for me.  Thank you Jesus!

What God Said Tonight:
Your decisions, your choices are important and it is good that you want to make good decisions, decisions that put you in my will for you .  But, my will is bigger than your day to day decisions. 

You have made a choice to follow me.  You reaffirm that choice every day.  The other decisions may effect the flavor of your day but the over riding purpose of the day, the week, the year, your life is set in place by me with your decision to live for me.  I have been given permission by you to guide and direct your life and I will do that .  I will take each decision that you make and create the opportunity that most directly leads you into the will and purpose that I have ordained for you. 

Every decision that you make to follow my will for your life makes that process easier.  It makes it easier on you because you make the choice and go into it freely.  When you choose things outside of my will for you, a correction has to be made and sometimes that is not comfortable.  But have no doubt, my will shall be accomplished in your life. 

You have given yourself to me and I do not take that responsibility lightly.  Your life is in my hands and I hold it as precious.  I will lovingly guide and direct you.  Seek my counsel in each decision and I will make the way easy for you.  But don't stress too much about it.  When it comes down to it, the only truly important decision is the one you made to live for me.  Everything else is frosting.  I love you daughter.  Don't worry, don't stress and don't fear.  I've got you.

No comments:

Post a Comment