Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ordinary miracles...

My prayer:
Mighty God, I am not sure what to pray about tonight.  You as always are awesome.  You took care of me and everything I needed today.  It was a busy day but an ordinary day. I am not complaining; ordinary is good now and then.

Thank you for an ordinary day where nothing bad happened and everything went generally smoothly.  Thank you for work to keep me occupied, challenged and paid.  Thank you God for taking care of me again today.  Thank you for amazing people in my life. Thank you for the inspirations on how to document and share the testimonies of your answers to prayers.  It is going to be awesome!

I love you God, what is on your mind tonight?

What God Said Tonight:
It is in the ordinary that the extraordinary becomes visible.  It is the backdrop of the ordinary that allows the extraordinary to shine through.  Do not despise the ordinary.  It, like everything, has a purpose. 

It is the ordinary that is the fabric of life.  The memorable events are the highlights, the flair.  But is is the ordinary day to day that is the base and fabric that holds it all together. 

I love you daughter.  I cradled you today and kept you safe.  I kept you from the many pile- up accidents on the highway this morning.  I kept you from unknown assaults on your character.  I kept you from creating situations that you would regret in the future.  Sometimes the miracle is in what didn't happen.  Sometimes the gift is in the ordinary.  Sometimes the praise report is that nothing happened.  It could have been so much worse. 

Recognize me in the showy miracles but recognize me in the ordinary miracles.  Recognize my power in the things that don't happen as well as in the things that do.  I love you daughter and I will always take care of you.  Enjoy this ordinary time because it is a miracle.

1 comment:

  1. Thank You Marilyn, thank you Jesus for sustaining the universe by the word of Your power.
    The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.Hebrews 1:3

    ReplyDelete