Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Saturday, March 5, 2011

River rafting...

My prayer:
My Father God.  I know you told me that I needed to reflect and move on today.  I need some help with the moving on part. 

In reflection, I just found myself missing lost things more and more instead of focusing on all of the amazing things you have done.  I miss my cat, I miss friends, I miss, well you know all the things I am missing tonight.  Wallowing in this is definitely not good and not what you want.  So, I need your help God. 

I ask for your help to look forward and not backward.  I need your help to focus on all that I have and all that you have done instead of the things that are gone, either temporarily or permanently.  Basically, I just need your help.  You have always said when I need help to call on you.  I am calling on you God. 

I love you God.  Thank you for always being there for me and never leaving. 

What God Said Tonight:
All things, except for me are temporary.  If you are going to get stuck in the past, stuck in missing the things that are gone, you are going to be miserable your entire life.  You will never see the future I have for you as long as you mourning what is gone. 

You have great things in your future, but those things will be temporary as well.  You must learn to appreciate what you have while you have it and let it go when it is gone.  I have great plans for you but the harder you hold on to things that I have allowed to leave your life, the harder it is for me to put the new things into your hands.  You have to empty your hands before I can fill them.  Let it go so I can give you the new thing. 

You will always have opportunities, people, pets and love in your life, but it won't be from the same people, animals or circumstances.  Life, by definition, is transient.  You know that even your own body is dust waiting to become dust again.  But I am permanent, unchanging and will never leave you.  I am the ONLY thing that is permanent. 

So, hang onto me.  Don't ever let  go of me.  Let everything else come and go and you will live the full life I have planned for you.  When you think of the people and things that have come and gone, appreciate them for what they were and what they brought and know that there will be new things, people experiences in the future that will bring to you as much or more.  

Living life is like riding the rapids of a river. Sometimes you race down the river, sometimes you float, but the scenery, the things around you are always changing.  The only thing that is constant is the boat, the thing that is carrying you.  I am your boat and I will not leave you. Let It go tonight and I will fill your life tomorrow.  I love you daughter now and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment