Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, May 9, 2011

Forgiveness...

My prayer:
Mighty God, full of mercy.  God, after reading about King David again tonight, I am reminded of how grateful I am for his life, his humility and that you put it all in the Bible for us. I love how he messed up all the time.  I love even more how, as soon as realized he messed up, he immediately admitted it and asked for forgiveness. He never tried to explain his way out or justify his behavior.  It was always, I messed up, I am sorry, and forgive me God. 


That is what I want to be like God. I want to have open eyes and a humble spirit that allows me to recognize when I am messing up, not get defensive about it but just own up to it immediately and ask for your forgiveness.  


I think that is how you want us to deal with our sin and I think, if I can ever get there, my life will be so much better! How did King David get to be that way?  Was he always like that or did he learn to be that way? Was it because he came from such humble beginnings and he never forgot it? I guess it doesn't matter how he got there.  All that really matters is that I need to get there. Please help...gently if possible this time?


Thank you God for your continued favor on my life and at work.  You are AMAZING and I love you!


What God Said Tonight:
King David and I have a special relationship because he took time out for me.  He took time to worship me.  He took time to seek my will.  He took time to sit in my presence and get to know me.  


Part of why he knew he could ask for forgiveness was that he knew me.  It is like your mom when you growing up. You pretty much knew that no matter what you did, as long as you were truly sorry, fessed up to it and asked for forgiveness that it would all be ok in the end. Sometimes there would be consequences but you knew she wouldn't stop loving you and you were pretty sure she wouldn't throw you out.  


That is the assurance you can come to me with. You can come knowing that my love and my sacrifice cover you. They are there to wash away the wrong in you and in your life and leave you spotless, leave you bright and shiny and new.  You have very little time to waste on guilt and self punishment.  We have a lot to do.  Repent quickly so we can move on.  


I will highlight your sin.  Look at it honestly. Talk to me about it. Ask and receive your forgiveness and move on. I will give you the first steps.  What I need from you is to keep that image of David in your mind to be open to see and receive.  


I love you daughter and I can't stand it when there is anything separating us.  Sin separates us. Don't let it stay between us one more second than it has to.  Mmmm, I truly do love you. Rest my sweet daughter and we will hit it again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action].
    1 John 1: 9

    ReplyDelete