Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

God's expectations...

My prayer:
Amazing teacher, my God. Thank you so much for what you said last night!! It made all the difference in the world. I had forgotten to pray blessings over him and as soon as I did, my heart COMPLETELY turned around and I saw it all in a completely different light! 


I can't believe I forgot something so basic, but thank you for reminding me. Thank you even more for releasing me from the bitterness. That was awful and I don't ever want to go back! I hope I learned my lesson for good this time!


God I love you so much. Thank you for being a God of love. Thank you for being love God. I sometimes try to imagine what my life would be like if you were not like you are. I try to imagine what life is like for people who have gods other than you. Not because I want that but I just wonder and it hits me every time that if your core was anything other than love, I would be so miserable. I would live without hope. 


I am not explaining it well God, but hear my heart. I can love you without reservation because you are love. If you were anything but you, I would not be able to fully trust or love and that would keep me from knowing you and having the life you planned for me. Because you are you, I can love you without reservation and trust you without reservation. I love that I never have to hold back with you. I can be exactly who I am and know that you love me. That is a really good feeling. 


Thank you for loving me, accepting me, and for being you God!


What God Said Tonight:
My sweet little bird, you fly through this life, doing  and seeing more than most people ever do and you still think that you are not doing enough. You still think that you are not good enough. You still think somehow that you should have it all figured out by now. 


Those are not my expectations of you. I expect you to be continually learning. I expect you to have to learn some things more than once. I expect you to stumble and I expect you to fall. 


I also expect you to learn how to get back up. I expect you to learn how to lean on me faster each time. I expect you to learn to call on me and to trust me more every time. I expect you to get closer to me with each battle and with each blessing. I expect that. 


I don't expect you to be perfect, ever. That is what my blood is for, to cover your imperfections while you learn. You are perfected in Christ and no other way. Will you ever struggle with bitterness again, maybe. Will you be quicker to turn to me, I guarantee it. That is what I expect of you. 


That is really the point of every life lesson. To learn how to turn to me for help faster and with complete trust. No matter the issue, no mater the problem, turn to me. Learn that and you don't need anything else really. 


I love you daughter, it is true. I am crazy about you. I will love you for all eternity and my love will never waiver. I adore you just as you are and I will teach you everything you need to know. Rest now.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Marilyn,

    I don't usually post comments when reading a stranger's blog. But your post really struck me and I just wanna say thank you for sharing this. It really put things into perspective for me. I've been so bitter about the direction my life is going. Things felt so unbearable at one point. Please continue this good work. Someone out there need this :)

    ReplyDelete