Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Deceit...

My prayer:
Awesome God who cannot lie. I need to talk to you tonight about deceit God. It seems to be coming up a lot in my life right now. People being lied to and misled. Me not knowing for sure who or what (other than You) to trust. 


Most of the time I am ok with it, knowing that you will always take care of me no matter what. Most of the time, I can see how people have reasons, like fear, why they don't tell the truth. The thing about deceit, like all sin, there might be just a tiny bit of it, but it taints everything. One little lie can make me doubt everything and everyone around me. Is it that I don't trust people enough? Or do I trust people too much? 


God I pray and ask that you show me the truth when I need to know it. God I ask for the ability to recognize deceit immediately. I pray God for the wisdom of how to handle deceit when I see it. I pray also God that you keep me from deceit. Protect me God from falling into the trap of deceit myself. God you are the truth. Help me to always be focused on and reflecting you and your truth. In Jesus name, amen.


What God Said Tonight:
I am not a man that I would lie. You have heard me say that many times and you always focus on the part that says that I wouldn't lie. Tonight, focus on the other part. See that I knew and I know that "man" will lie. 


You are right, there a re a lot of reasons. But the fact is, most every person who has ever lived has at some point, been dishonest. Sometimes they are dishonest with others and sometimes they are dishonest with themselves. That second one, the one where they lie to themselves can be the most damaging deceit of all. 


Deceit is like a cancer that eats away at everything around it. It is one of the most effective weapons that satan has. Remember, he is a theif and a liar. He is the Father of all lies.  


You can hate the lie and still love the person who lied. You can separate the lie from the person. You can trust me to take care of you in all things. You can trust me to shield you from the arrows of deceit that are launched at you. That allows you to still love the people but you don't have to love the arrow. It is nothing more than a weapon and no weapon that was formed to hurt you can hurt you with me as your protector. No weapon is big enough or bad enough to get through me. 


Wash yourself in my blood sacrifice tonight. Wash off any stain from the lies and and move on. You are free to love because I am with you. You are free to shake off the lies because I am more powerful then they are. You are free from the deception of this world and you get to live in the light of my truth. When you run into deceit, rejoice in the knowledge that you get to live free of it. Rejoice in my protection over you. I am all the truth you will ever need and I am here for you always. Rest well my sweet daughter. You are free.

No comments:

Post a Comment