Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The antidote to discouragement...

My prayer:
Awesome God, thank you for the great news today and the reminder that prayer works. Thank you for reminding me that you can do the impossible. Thank you for the reminder that nothing is too far gone for you to fix it if we will just bring it to you!

I needed that reminder today God. I have been a little discouraged lately. It seems like so many people who I talk to are without hope. I try to encourage them. I try to remind them who you are and what you can do. I try to show them that their hope is in you. But, I am never sure if I got through. And then, there are days like today, where someone comes back, their lives are changed, the impossible thing they were facing is suddenly not so impossible, and they are praising you.

That is what makes it all worth it God. To see you work in people's lives and change them, change their situation, make the impossible possible like only you can do, that makes it all worth it.

Suddenly the long hours and discouragement don't seem so bad. Suddenly, I have the energy for the next thing. I don't need a lot of encouragement, but every once in awhile, I need a day like today.

Thank you Jesus!

What God Said Tonight:
Who are you kidding daughter of mine. You thrive on praise reports! You have said it yourself, you are a praise report junkie. But that is okay, I love them too. I love it when people remember to thank me. I love it when people remember to give me the credit. Not because I need the credit out of some sense of ego or pride. But because every time they give me the credit, it is a testimony to themselves and to others. It draws people to me. It makes them want what you have.

That is why I love the praise reports. They are the antidote to discouragement and hopelessness. They are the defender against doubt. They are one of the greatest evangelistic tools you have.

Praise me, encourage others to share their praise reports. Make a place where it is ok to say, Praise God!

I love you daughter and I will give you much more to celebrate over the years. I love blessing you. You are my child and I will always give you good gifts. I love you now and forever. I am yours. You are mine.

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 69:6 Don't let those who look to you in hope Be discouraged by what happens to me, Dear Lord! God of the armies! Don't let those out looking for you Come to a dead end by following me— Please, dear God of Israel!

    ReplyDelete