Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, November 21, 2011

Perfectly flawed...

My prayer:
Awesome God. I did not do a very good job of showing your love to the world today God. I was so wrapped up in getting stuff done that I really kind of ignored people around me at best or snapped at them at worst. I hate it when I get that way. I hate that I don't usually realize it until later when there is not much I can do about it. 


God, help me to love better. Help me to be a better reflection of you. God, don't let people be turned away from you because I am flawed. Help them God to see you in me and not the messed up me. I love you God. I love your people God. I am sorry I did such a poor job of showing it today. I will do better tomorrow with your help. Thank you Jesus.


What God Said Tonight:
I never ask you to be perfect but I ask you to be repentant. I ask that when you don't follow my best from you and you realize it that you turn from it and follow my will for you. That is what I need from you. 


Don't try to cover your flaws. I have a purpose for them too. People are more drawn to you flawed than they are to someone who seems perfect. People don't trust perfect. It is why some have such a hard time believing in me. They cannot believe that anyone, any god, could be perfect. They continue to expect me to fail them. 


Show people the truth of your life and I will show them the perfection of me. When they see that they don't have to be perfect to be my child and to be loved by me, they will know that they qualify for that love. Don't try to be perfect but strive to be transparent. 


I love you daughter, even your flaws. Love on people tomorrow twice as hard and I will help you. Rest in my grace and mercy tonight knowing that my love for you never fails.

1 comment:

  1. Job 25:2-3 How can an ordinary person pretend to be guiltless? Why, even the moon has its flaws, even the stars aren't perfect in God's eyes, So how much less, plain men and women—slugs and maggots by comparison!"

    ReplyDelete