Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tragedy...

My prayer:
Mighty God, I come tonight with a bit of a heavy heart. One friend who found out his wife is not keeping their vows, another whose daughter was taken out of state without her permission, and I just heard on the news that a local man shot and killed his wife, in front of their kids and then killed himself. 


My God, there are some truly awful things happening and there is nothing I can do about it other than ask for your help. God I pray and ask for you to step into these awful situations and somehow turn them for their good. I pray God that with your all knowing wisdom and all powerful ability, that you somehow help, heal, and change these situations and the millions of others that I don't know about. 


God, thank you for taking care of us. Thank you for the every day that there is not a major tragedy. Thank you God that no matter what is happening or not happening, I can come to you. I love you Father.


What God Said Tonight:
Things are not always what they seem. Yes, there is tragedy in this world every day. There is tragedy that is the result of sin that continues to run rampant in this world. However, there are other events and circumstances that appear to be tragedies at first look but later can be seen in a different light. 


Remember Lazarus. His sisters thought the worst had happened. Their beloved brother had died. They trusted me to come and heal him, I did not get there in time and he died. They were devastated by his death and even more distraught that they had trusted me and I had let them down, or so they thought. What they did not understand is that I had a bigger plan. 


The "tragedy" of his death was nothing more than an opportunity for me to show people who I am and what I can do. His "tragedy" was a temporary state that was completely reversed when I stepped in. 


Know that you don't necessarily know everything that you think you know. My will shall be done. I love your heart dear daughter. 

1 comment:

  1. John 11:14-15 Then Jesus became explicit: "Lazarus died. And I am glad for your sakes that I wasn't there. You're about to be given new grounds for believing. Now let's go to him."

    ReplyDelete