Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, January 22, 2012

I'm not enough...

My prayer:
Amazing God. Sometimes, like tonight, when I look at all of the wonderful things and all of the wonderful people you trust me with, I start to worry that I am not enough. I worry that I am not good enough. I worry that I won't be able to listen and hear you well enough when they need it most. When people are at their most hopeless and most vulnerable, God, what if I don't say or do the right thing? 


Now, I know it is you working through me and not really me at all. But, what if I am doing something to block you. What if my own flaws are too big and cloud what you want to do in their lives? You know me God, I want to fix everything. What if my trying to fix things actually gets in the way of what you are trying to accomplish? I bet if I was there with Lazarus, I would have been doing CPR to keep him alive instead of waiting to see what you wanted to do. I hate seeing other people in pain God. It is harder than experiencing pain myself. Why is that I wonder? 


God, please give me everything I need to do everything you have called me to do. Please speak through me when people need you. And, God, please bust through any flaws in me that might try to get in the way. LOVE YOU!


What God Said Tonight:
You are looking at the wrong place for the solution. You are looking at you and you should be looking at me. I am the answer. I am the way out. I am. 


As long as you look within yourself to help people, you will always fall short. You, even with all of the best intentions, can not permanently and effectually help. You can provide a band-aid but you can't make a lasting difference on your own. But, when you look to me for the solution. When you trust me to do the things I have already promised, that is when you will see things change for good. That is when you will see people healed, raised from the dead, given new life and hope. 


I am what they need. Give them me and you will always see them recover. I love you daughter. Give them me, it is really that simple.

1 comment:

  1. 1 Chronicles 16-20 King David went in, took his place before GOD, and prayed:

    Who am I, my Master GOD, and what is my family, that you have brought me to this place in life? But that's nothing compared to what's coming, for you've also spoken of my family far into the future, given me a glimpse into tomorrow and looked on me, Master GOD, as a Somebody. What's left for David to say to this—to your honoring your servant, even though you know me, just as I am? O GOD, out of the goodness of your heart, you've taken your servant to do this great thing and put your great work on display. There's none like you, GOD, no God but you, nothing to compare with what we've heard with our own ears. And who is like your people, like Israel, a nation unique on earth, whom God set out to redeem as his own people (and became most famous for it), performing great and fearsome acts, throwing out nations and their gods left and right as you saved your people from Egypt? You established for yourself a people—your very own Israel!—your people forever. And you, GOD, became their God.

    ReplyDelete