Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, January 29, 2012

You are interesting...

My prayer:
Awesome Lord God. My mind is all over the place tonight. Thinking about the day, thinking about tomorrow, thinking about how you touched people today, thinking about what you taught me today, thinking...And, yet none of it seems worth really talking about. 


I seem to be feeling that way a lot. I always have a lot to say, but sometimes I wonder if any of it is worth saying? 


I can talk about you. That is always good. I can talk about how loving and amazing you are. I can talk about how I love that after all of this time, you can still teach me brand new stuff. I can talk about how I love being in your presence. How, in your presence I feel a peace and a love and an indescribable joy that I don't ever want to be without. That is the good stuff. Anything to do with you is worth talking about. The rest in wasting air. 


What God Said Tonight:
You don't have to think up things to talk to me about. I just want to hear what is on your mind. Whatever that is. I want to hear from you. 


I love you . You interest me. Your thoughts are interesting to me. I want to hear about the things that you enjoy and the things you don't enjoy. I want to share your joy and take on your pain. I want to be in full relationship with you. 


I don't want us to have a relationship where you only talk to me when the important stuff comes up. I want to know it all. When I ask you how your day is, I don't want to hear "fine" I really want to know. Yes, I am with you all day but I don't experience it the same way you do. I want to hear what your experience of our day has been. I want to know how life looked to you today. 


I love you daughter. When it comes down to it, I want to know you and I want you to know me. I want to be in a relationship with you that is so intimate and so strong, nothing can ever shake it. I want my thoughts and your thoughts to be woven together as one. I want to share everything with you. I love you and I am yours forever.

2 comments:

  1. That is really what it is all about, intimacy with God. He doesn't want just us to know about Him, He wants desperately to know about us. He wants us to let Him in so deep within us that we attain a level of affection with him that cannot be contained and without our doing simply overflows to everyone around us. That is what it is all about, deeper and deeper affection with God.

    ReplyDelete