Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Thursday, June 7, 2012

The power of decisions and choices...

My prayer:

Amazing God. I was having a conversation with someone today and it got me thinking. I think, if we are paying attention to the people we are hanging out with, working with, surrounded with, we can see either the kind of person that we are or the kind of person we are going to turn into. If that is true, we can choose the type of person we are going to be by choosing the people we surround ourselves with. 

In the specific case today, we were talking about a particular job that requires the person to be constantly suspicious of the people they are talking to. We were talking about someone who was successful in that job and she assumes everyone is lying to her unless they can prove differently. It is one of the things that make her so good at her job. But, I thought and told my friend, "Do you really want to be that person? Do you want to assume that everyone is lying?" 

It kind of hit me then, I think we, I, have a lot more control or ability to decide who I am and who I am going to be than I may have ever realized. "I am who I am, get used to it." is not really a true statement. I think the thing is, we get to choose who we are, either consciously or subconsciously. The good part of that is if we don't like who we are, we can choose to be different. 

Sorry to yammer on. Just something I was thinking about. The most obvious application of this is when we choose to live our lives for you. That one choice alone changes us and we become a "new man." 

Thank you for giving us the gift of choice and free will God. 

What God Said Tonight:

You are making choices every moment of every day, whether you realize it or not. Your life is a constant stream of choices. Even when you choose not to choose, you are making a choice. Learning how to make good choices, choices that help you to prosper and get closer to me, that is the goal. That is one of the main reasons for life. Learning to make good choices. 

Choose life. That sounds so easy and in some ways it is. When you are faced with a choice, choose the way that brings life to the situation. The choice that will result in the growth and prospering of everyone involved. Pick the thing that is in agreement with my Word and you will see it prosper. Everything I have told you, every edict I have given, was given because it is the way to life. I don't set rules just to be a taskmaster and punish you when you miss the boat. I give you rules because they can help you to make good decisions. Decisions for life. Decisions that will leave you in a better place than you were before the decision.

I love you and only want the best for you. I only want my best for you. Choose my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment