Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, June 18, 2012

Things are NOT OK...

My prayer:

My God the Rock. People are eating each others' faces. Mothers are eating their children's brains. Young girls carving horrible messages into their skin and others are making fun of it. Things are not okay. 

You warned us God that things would get bad in the last days. I did not realize you meant it would get this bad. And, apparently, it will get worse. It is overwhelming sometimes God. 

I was yelling that song about "When I get afraid I go to the Rock" all the way home, hoping I would believe it and find comfort in you. I don't know why it is all hitting me all of a sudden but it is. I don't know how to handle a world getting worse than this. 

I think most of the time I just get through the day, trying not to think about the suffering. I do my little piece here and there but I know it is not enough. I know that there are people starving all over the world. I know that there are people being beaten to death. I know that there are crazy things like people eating off other peoples' faces. And, I know there is nothing I can do about any of it. So, I try to forget. That only works for awhile though. 

God, I really need your help tonight. I really need to hear you. I need you to make some sense out of a senseless world. I need to understand how to love in the midst of this insanity.

What God Said Tonight:

Not everything that starts ugly, stays ugly. The caterpillar turns into a butterfly but in the process it is covered in mucus and an ugly pod. Sometimes the greatest beauty comes out of ugliness. 

Remember when I said that I did not come for the healthy but I came for the sick? I came to the world because it was sick, not because things were all going great. I came because of the pain, the suffering, the craziness. I am here today because of the need. 

Some of my most beautiful children, with the sweetest hearts and the most generosity of spirit ahve come out of the darkest and ugliest places. Look beyond the fear. Look beyond the ugliness and see what they can be in me. Love and see what they turn out to be. 

Love, my love can change even the ugliest situation into something beautiful. Don't look at the situation or the people for what they are right now. Expand your vision and love them into what they can be. 

I will always protect you, no matter how crazy it gets. Do not be afraid. The craziness will not harm you. Keep loving your way through, even when it is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment