Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Routines...

My prayer:

I am worn out tonight God but still just enjoying your presence. Every moment is worthwhile because you are in it. 

I realized over the last few days that I have fallen out of some habits or routines that I use to have to make sure I was keeping you in the forefront of my mind. I know you don't like routine that becomes insincere worship and I don't want that either. But, for me, it seems like having some routines really help me to not grow lazy or complacent. 

There is probably some middle ground that I am missing. All knowing God, please give me wisdom. I don't ever want to drift from you.

What God Said Tonight:

Staying close to me is like any other relationship in your life. You have to work at it. You have to be committed to growing closer together. You have to be in agreement that you will not let the day to day hassles of life get in the way of staying connected. 

That being said, just like with your other relationships, sometimes it happens despite your best intentions. How often have you been going along in life and realize that you haven't talked to your best friend in a month, or two? It is not that you love that friend any less. You just got distracted from your commitment to the friendship. When that happens, don't you immediately get in touch with that friend, apologize and reconnect with them?

Yep, it works the same with you an me. Life happens and sometimes you lose track of the things and relationships that are important to you. When it happens, apologize and reconnect. I am always here. I will never turn you away when you come back to me. I will never condemn you. 

Now, regarding routines, again just like with relationships in your life, some amount of routine (e.g., a committment to a monthly dinner with a friend) helps keep you connected. However, if one month you miss it, you don't beat up on yourself and assume the friendship is over. It is ok to have routines but don't let the routine rule the relationship. I love you daughter, now and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment