Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Rules...

My prayer:

Today was wonderful God. I love your Sabbath. Thank you for teaching me the importance of rest. When I do it. When I take one day a week and rest, everything else goes so much better. It isn't easy. This crazy paced life and the demands on my time make it hard to have a whole day with no work. But, it is so worth it. 

There are so many things like that in your Word and in your Kingdom God. Things that you teach us because it will make our lives better that for so many years I thought was just tiresome religion. When did your advice on good living turn into burdensome rules? I guess the better way to ask that is when and why did we turn your advice into burdensome rules? I love you Daddy and love what you teach me!

What God Said Tonight:

Rules are logical and can be followed. When they are not followed you can point the finger at someone and say, "You messed up." There is something in human nature, sin nature, that likes that. There is something in sin nature that feels better about its own sin when it can point out sin in someone else. 

Rules are almost always for the other person, not you. You are a special case. You have special circumstances that excuse you from the rules...or at least that is what you think. 

Rules in themselves truly are not bad but the way people use them can be devastating. It is important to recognize my "rules" as key bits of knowledge to help you live a better life. They are in place to guide you and help you when you are lost and not sure what to do. They are your road map to life. 

They are not there as a set up for punishment. They are not there to use as a bat over someone else's head. They are there for you, to help you, not to hurt you. Take a careful look at every "rule" I have for you in my Word. Every one of them is to help you live a better, happier, more productive life. They are to give you peace, not guilt. 

I love you daughter and stay teachable. It is the best thing you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment