Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Want vs. need...


My prayer:

Awesome God. I am not sure what to pray about tonight. Everything I think of sounds pretty whiny even before it comes out of my mouth. There is so much to be grateful for but I have not been very good at focusing on the good things today. 

Thank you for the rest today God. It was not what I had planned but was apparently what I needed. 

Ok, I am going to shut up now. Everything that comes to my mind is a complaint tonight. I would rather listen to you God than get caught up in my own thoughts. What is on your mind tonight God. Your thoughts are not my thoughts and I am VERY grateful for that. 

What God Said Tonight:

You didn't want what you got today but it is what you needed most. Sometimes I need you to trust that I know best. I know what is coming so I know what you need today. You had your plans for today but they were not plans that were going to prepare you for what is coming next. My plans for today were what you need for tomorrow. 

You pray all of the time that you want my will accomplished in your life. Sometimes that means that you don't get what you think you want. Sometimes that means stepping out and doing something that you don't want to do. Other times, that means staying home when you want to be out doing things. 

I am in charge and will stay that way until you or unless you change your mind. But know that I make decisions based on what is coming. Not just on what you need today but on what you will need for tomorrow. I love you daughter. rest and know that you are well prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment