Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Saying yes to everything...

My prayer:

I am confused tonight God. Way too many opinions competing for top spot right now. And the thing is, they all have the tremendous and wonderful goal of bringing people closer to you. But, can I, should I try to be a part of all of them or by trying to do it all am I actually short changing everyone including you and me? 

I sometimes envy the people who have that one thing they are really good at and passionate about and they spend their whole lives focused on perfecting that one thing. That is clearly not me. No matter where I go, I seem to get involved in 5 million different things and anything less feels like I am not contributing. Maybe I am just trying to make everyone happy again? I don't think so. I really just don't want to miss out on anything that you have for me. 

I pray for wisdom, direction, and understanding God. The rewards of seeing people get to know you are SO GREAT that it makes me want to say yes to everything. But maybe saying yes to everything means I am not really saying yes to anything? help please...

What God Said Tonight:

  1. Have I ever, in your life, when you have asked for my help, have I ever not helped? 
  2. Have you ever, in your life, not been able to accomplish everything that I have given you? 
  3. Is there anything you are doing now that is contrary to my will? 
  4. Finally, are you keeping the Sabbath holy? 
That is your checklist and your promises my girl. We have been here before and it is good that you take stock. 

Those are the questions you need to ask. Assure yourself first of my faithfulness. Hold up each thing to the microscope of my will and purpose. Measure your balance by the Sabbath. 

I love you sweet girl. You don't have to say yes to everything that everyone brings to you. You don't have to say yes to anything. I hope you will always say yes to me. Sweet dreams tonight my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment