Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Our relationship...

My prayer:

I think I am on the edges of understanding something God but I don't completely get it yet. It is about relationships and more specifically our relationship. 

There are preachers who focus mainly on what we, your kids, need to do to live a life with you. It is kind of like self help but the Bible is our instruction manual. You gave us a lot of advice and guidelines and truth is, they are good. When I am able to live my life according to those rules, my life is usually better. 

Then there are the preachers who preach about your Holy Spirit and the power of your anointing. These lessons focus on how, when we are able to partner with you and your power, we see actual miracles in our lives on a regular basis. This is true too. I know that when I rely on your Holy Spirit power, I see amazing miracles in my life and in the lives around me. When I rely on your power, I can do things that I could never do on my own. 

I think you started to show me today how both of things can be true but I want to talk through it with you and see if I am getting it or if there is more to understand. What I think you were telling me today is that it is all about our relationship. Like any relationship, if both parties are not fully engaged and participating in the relationship, the relationship will suffer. 

In our case, you have shown me the things that I can do to live the best life I can. So that is what I can do to hold up my side of the relationship. Then you bring your power, your Holy Spirit anointing. When put together, there is nothing we can't accomplish. 

Also, like any relationship, it is not perfect. There will be times when I let you down and don't do what I should be doing. There will be times when I think you should do something a certain way and you won't do it that way. But, what is perfect about our relationship is that there is always grace. There is always forgiveness and mercy. We can always restore the relationship because its base is real love. 

So, that is what I am thinking...how did I do? Love you God!

What God Said Tonight:

Not bad. You are listening again which is good. You are looking to understand the things in your life that don't make sense and that is good. I have more to teach you. 

I have more grace and love go give you. Your focus has been on what you can do for so long that you have missed out on the full understanding of my grace and my mercy for you. 

The one thing that you are missing is that while there is work involved in any relationship, there is also great joy. There is also love. There is also comfort and peace in being together. 

You have an assurance in our relationship that you will never have in any other relationship. You have the assurance of eternity You have the assurance that there is NOTHING that can separate us. You have the assurance that every time, no matter how many times, no matter how bad the offense, I will ALWAYS forgive you. I will also show you grace and mercy. That is the covenant of my blood that I shed for you. 

Once you get that in your heart, you will live in a new level of joy and peace and love that you have not known before. I am yours and you are mine, now and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment