Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Wrong choices...

My prayer:

Wonderful Father. We have been through a lot together over the years with a lot more to come. I learn more about you every day. I learn how much more amazing you are than what I thought. And yet I know that I have only begun to scratch the surface of who you are and how amazing you are. I may never be able to wrap my mind around your greatness. But I love trying.

The hard part of life is not living with you. The hard part is not making stupid choices. I had a conversation with a friend recently who had asked for help. He needed to understand the best path forward. I did some research and explained to him that there are two ways to go that would get him what he wants. There is a third way to go but it won't get him what he wants and very well could land him in a lot of trouble. No matter how many times I explained the options, no matter how much detail I gave him of why he did not want to go the third way, all he kept talking about was going that third way.

How often do we do that with you God? How often have I done that with you. You lay out the options for me and explain why the good choices are good and why the bad choices are bad. But I get a path set in my head and think it is the only way to go. 

God I apologize for my hardheadedness and for a stubborn heart. I apologize for turning my back on your good advice and making choices that were not the best. I love you and I ask that you never stop guiding me, never stop showing me the best way to go. Help me God to hear you when I get stuck.

What God Said Tonight:

A hard head I can deal with, a hard heart is another matter. When you harden your heart toward me, that is when I can't get through. Keep your heart open to me and I will always guide you.

Remember that even when you do make the wrong choice, I am still your God, I am still in charge and I can still turn all things to your good.

We are in this together, now and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment