Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Desires of my heart...

My prayer:

Awesome God. You have said that you will give us the desires of our hearts and truth is, you have done that in my life over and over which is WONDERFUL! My life has been so blessed and your favor has poured over me in so many ways. I am so grateful for all that you have done and all that you do. 

My thoughts tonight turn to when I have a desire of my heart that is no good for me. I would love to be able to say that I only desire good things, things that will result in good things. But in my own perversity and sin, I sometimes desire things that I know will only provide a fleeting satisfaction; but, I don't stop wanting them. 

What do I do about those things God? How do I stop wanting things that will only result in disaster?

What God Said Tonight:

Does an earthly father know how to good gifts? How much more then will I your heavenly Father give you good gifts. You know this word. I will not give you things that will harm you. I can not give you a gift that will harm you. 

I give you the desires of your heart. But what you may not understand is that I see the true desire in your heart. I see beneath the surface "want" and see the root of the desire. The root of your desires are rooted in me and are good.
Your  heart wants only good things. Your brain sometimes does not know how to translate those desires into available options in this world. But the thing is, I am not limited by available options. So, I can see the true desire and fulfill it. That is what I promise for you. 

I promise to fulfill the true desires of your heart and I promise those gifts will be good. Rest and trust that I know and will always provide the best for you. 

1 comment: