Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Friday, January 6, 2017

Numbness...


My prayer:

More tragedy today God. I don't even know how to process it anymore. Every day, a shooting, an earthquake, a child missing, a family mourning, etc. etc. I know you told us that things would get worse before they got better, but how much worse? 

I find myself getting numb. To care, to really see everything that is happening each day and all of the suffering hurts too much. So instead, I become numb and try to turn my face and my mind away from it. I fill my life with distractions so I don't have to look at it. I am not proud of this behavior but I don't know what else to do. I don't know how to look the tragedy in the face and not be devastated daily. 

God, I put us all in your hands. I pray your deliverance comes soon. I pray for your strength, peace and help until then.

What God Said Tonight:

A world gone numb, a people gone numb. That is the way of sin and evil. When evil becomes normal and pain becomes expected, life loses meaning. 

I created you for more. I created you for joy. I created you for love. 

The evil and tragedies in the world today are a reality. Your primary defense is an activating prayer. Your personal defense is to keep your eyes trained on me. I will show you the blessings in the battle. I will show you the joy in the sadness. I will show you the purpose in the chaos. I will keep you safe in my arms. 

When you turn from the evil, do not turn to numbness. Turn to me. 

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment