Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, December 18, 2017

Why Jesus was born...


My prayer:

Some interesting challenges today God but you got me through it all with grace. Thank you. Three more days of work and then I get five whole days to celebrate your birth! That is pretty wonderful. If you ever want to transport me in time, that would be one of the moments I would love to see. You, just born with the shepherds and angels and kings all coming to visit. Did they all come at the same time like we have in our nativity scenes or were there visits spread out? Was it right after you were born like tradition says or was it weeks or month later? 

I guess it really doesn't matter. All that matters is you were born, you lived, you died, and you were raised again so that I could know you and my sin could be covered. But, I am curious. I am curious about you. I wonder what your life was like. All those years of growing up, knowing you were you but living like any other man. In your twenties, before your documented ministry and miracles, did the people around you have any idea of who you were? Did they wonder?

Ok, I will stop with the questions. I love you and I am fascinated by you God.

What God Said Tonight:

A life lived is not unusual to the one living it. I cannot really describe what it was like because it is all I know. I came to earth to live as human, but I was always God as human, so my experience was different from yours. 

I came to save you but I came so I could know you. Before that time, I could not truly imagine what it was to live in a mortal body that gets hungry, tired, frustrated, and feels pain. I am God and as such, those things are not a part of what I deal with. 

Coming to live as human helped me to understand the power of the carnal. It helped me to empathize with the struggle. And, it convinced me, more than ever the need to provide you a path out of the grip of sin. To imagine that you could conquer sin through the law was never truly a possibility. On your own, that is not possible. I had to fulfill that law to free you, to know you, to release you from the carnal bond that is so strong on your flesh. I would do it a million times over if I had to. You are mine and I am yours and that will never change. 

Go rest and I will show you some of my memories from that time. I remember a field. It was wheat, the sun was shining, and the children were running through the wheat laughing. That was a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment